Latest News January 2012: Calderdale Climate Change Strategy: approved at last!
# # # # # # # # #
At the Calderdale level my past and present environmental activities include:
– Calderdale Friends of the Earth: Coordinator. Calderdale FOE meets at 7.30pm on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (Jan-July, Sept-Nov) in the White Lion, Hebden Bridge. Our main work for the foreseeable future will be to secure and then implement a climate change strategy for the district, but we’ve recently also campaigned against the threat that the Government’s proposed National Planning Policy Framework will pose to greenfield sites, and many other features of sustainability.
– Calderdale Sustainability Forum Ltd (CSF/ the Local Agenda 21 organisation): Director, and Chair of the Board (and member consequently of the Local Strategic Partnership Calderdale Forward board, until this was disbanded in 2011).
– Calder Future: ‘a partnership to improve the River Calder, its tributaries and bankside’, founded in 1998 after emerging from Calderdale FOE. I was Chair of its separate board until it was merged with CSF in 2010; it’s now a ‘virtual’ organisation with no fixed costs.
– Calderdale Climate Change Partnership: awarded a DEFRA ‘climate challenge’ grant to promote awareness in the district in 2007-8; I was project coordinator.
– Calderdale Waste Partnership: CSF also promoted the Calderdale Waste Partnership, of which I was the Chair. I also advise Calderdale Council about recycling promotion and strategy: see the Recycle for Calderdale website.
– Calderdale Forward: the local strategic partnership – member of its Environmental Partnership.
If you’d like further information about any of these organisations, please contact me